Written by Harry Sonford Tuesday, 21 October 2014
While the gang at Pirate Theatre has been liable for various calamities--hyper-extended funny bones, involuntary bladder release and various laughter infections to name a few--now they face their greatest threat ever: the complete destruction of Steamboat Springs.
After unearthing an ancient doomsday prophecy from the local Milnerans, the last and certainly craziest descendants of the long-lost Mayans, Steamboat's only hope for survival rests in the hands of Colorado Jones, an adventurer and archaeologist who wanted to travel the world...Add a comment
Written by Cy Intifickcuriosity Tuesday, 21 October 2014
With the first winter storms gracing the Yampa Valley, another seasonal miracle appears to be in full force: from Oak Creek to Hayden, in trailers, converted vans and basement apartment, life begins to stir. As the temperature drops, a wide range of Ski Bum species awake from their annual slumber in anticipation of ski season and the opening of the mountain.
Shaking off the debris of crumpled cigarette packs, empty beer cans and half-smoked joints, these seasonal creatures, already clad in winter garb, begin migrating toward Mt. Werner and various restaurants across Steamboat with the hopes of finding a decent job that will afford them a ski pass.
"It's kind of beautiful," says Bob Upendawn, a local curator and advocate for preserving the long heritage of Ski Bums in the Yampa Valley. "Routt County has a unique mix of Ski Bum creatures. We have a lot of East Coast skiers that traveled west in the 1980s...Add a comment
Written by Cy N. Mighty Wednesday, 07 August 2013
Building off his sketch-comedy inducing efforts to introduce legislation requiring Craig, Colo., "heads of households" to own and brandish firearms at all possible time, Craig Crumble, from Craig, naturally, introduced new legislation requiring citizens there to smoke, dip or chew tobacco as well as carry a Bible with them at all times.
"I just want Craig to be more 'Merican, unlike that Commie Steamboat place," mumbled Crumble as he spit tobacco juice on the floor and raised his Bible in the air. "And nothin's more 'Merican than tobaccah and the Bible--New Testament of course. Old Testament's OK as a starter, but you need Jesus in your heart to be a real 'Merican. Otherwise you're just Jewish."
Crumble cited the country's Founding Fathers as inspiration for the new laws. However, his parents, with whom the 48-year-old still lives with, noted that he cites imaginary writings of the Founding Fathers for everything he does.
"He'll only eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch," notes Larry Crumble, his apologetic father. "He says that's all Thomas Jefferson ate for lunch, so that's good enough for him. I actually tried to look that one up on the...Add a comment
- Johnny Spillane Announces Retirement to Focus on Tarnishing Perfect Image
- Sheriff Declares Amendment 64 to State Constitution 'Unconstitutional and Unenforceable,' Refuses to Do Nothing about Marijuana Use
- Last Remaining Herd of Wild Snowmobiles Spotted near Hahn's Peak
- Steamboat's Special Anniversary Planner Furiously Seeking New Anniversaries to Justify Her Position
- Organization Slams Winter Carnival for Misconstruing Meaning of 'Flash Mob'
- 'Unappreciated' Fire and Police Departments Suspected of Leaving Poop Bomb Outside City Council Meeting
- Denver Hears about '24 in 24,' Flocks to Steamboat for Long Lines and Tracked-Out Snow
- Routt County Mental Health Improving, Study Credits Newspaper Commenters for Uplift
Page 1 of 34«StartPrev12345678910NextEnd»