Written by Cy Intifickcuriosity Tuesday, 21 October 2014
With the first winter storms gracing the Yampa Valley, another seasonal miracle appears to be in full force: from Oak Creek to Hayden, in trailers, converted vans and basement apartment, life begins to stir. As the temperature drops, a wide range of Ski Bum species awake from their annual slumber in anticipation of ski season and the opening of the mountain.
Shaking off the debris of crumpled cigarette packs, empty beer cans and half-smoked joints, these seasonal creatures, already clad in winter garb, begin migrating toward Mt. Werner and various restaurants across Steamboat with the hopes of finding a decent job that will afford them a ski pass.
"It's kind of beautiful," says Bob Upendawn, a local curator and advocate for preserving the long heritage of Ski Bums in the Yampa Valley. "Routt County has a unique mix of Ski Bum creatures. We have a lot of East Coast skiers that traveled west in the 1980s...Add a comment
Written by The Pirate Tuesday, 12 November 2013
Written by The Pirate Saturday, 14 September 2013
- Michael Douglas Overcomes Cancer, Splits from Unstable Wife, Now Focusing on Chrystal Meth Empire
- Pirate Theatre Monthly Daily Show (Episode 2)
- Oscar Mayer Changes Slogan, Abandons Wiener Name
- Pirate Theatre Monthly Daily Show (Episode 1)
- New England Patriots and Denny's Partner on Anti-Tight-End Campaign
- China Levels Hacking Charge at Obama, Claims U.S. Stole 'State Secrets' on How to Spy on Own Citizens
- CNN: Amendment 64
- Boy Scouts' Gay Ban Overturned, Makeover Consultant to Unveil New Branding with Better Fashion Sense
Page 3 of 29«StartPrev12345678910NextEnd»